What is a CPAP machine?
A CPAP is a machine that helps you breathe when your sleeping…
.. OK its not that simple.
CPAP stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure.
It is a pressure ventilator, which applies mild air pressure on a continuous basis to keep the airways continuously open.
A CPAP typically is used for people who have sleep apnea or other breathing problems.
How A CPAP works
The CPAP delivers a stream of compressed air via a hose to the face mask or nose mask (whatever one your using).
Keeping a obstructed breathing from happening.
Different Types Of PAPs Aside From CPAP
VPAP or BPAP– Variable/Bi-level positive airway pressure.
The BPAP provides two levels of pressure: inspiratory positive airway pressure (IPAP) and a lower expiratory positive airway pleasure (EPAP).
Don’t worry i am not going to get into anything to technical…
This Machine Automatically tunes the amount of pressure giving to the patient to the minimum required to maintain a unobstructed airway.
It tunes to a breathe by breathe basis by measuring the resistance in the patient’s breathing…
…so it can give a precise pressure required at any giving moment.
Lets Talk About The Accessories For A CPAP
There not a lot of accessories that you need for a CPAP…
…There are a lot of accessories that you can buy to help you, so ill break the up into a two parts one you need and one you can buy to help.
The Accessories you need…
The CPAP Mask:
- Masks are the trickiest part of the entire CPAP equation for the new CPAP user.
- Obviously, not all faces have the same structure, shape or size.
- A mask should not be over tightened and should merely sit on the face, allowing the machine pressure to create a seal.
The CPAP Tubing:
- Flexible plastic tubing connects the machine to the mask.
- Determining the best way to position the tubing is a personal matter.
- The sizes range from 6 foot to 10 feet.
Some Accessories You Can Buy…
- They have all types of CPAP batteries
- These are the batteries that power your device for travel or emergency power backup.
CPAP Cleaning Box:
- To clean your C-Pap mask, tubing, filter and humidifier chamber.
- Its a nightstand designed to your CPAP machine, water and other accessories.
- Most has a hole for the hose to come out so the CPAP is hidden inside the desk.
CPAP Equipment Dryer:
- Dryer is a warm air dryer designed to eliminate moisture build up from either washing or previously using the tubing with a heated humidifier.
Coming To The End Of The Blog
There are a lot of things you can buy for a CPAP, that you don’t have to have.
There are different types of PAPs that do different things, I like the APAP. To read my review on my favorite APAP/CPAP click here.
Next Blog To Come
I am not sure the next sleep aid topic I am going to do just yet send me an email on what you want me to write about.
Don’t worry ill keep update with my Sleep Apnea Blog do reviews on more items that i like to help this website grow.